Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wishing Wednesday


Week 32: The one that ponders my new / short-lived / temporary job...and that status of the world...

  • I wish I had a magic wand to fix the problems of people that are trying so hard to get ahead and are still falling short.
  • I wish mental illness could actually be cured with a pill.
  • I wish that I had the power to magically make people chill out...do you think yelling at me (or every other person you have contact with) will make me want to bend over backwards to help you?
  • I wish that everyone had to play by the rules.
  • I wish that Cobra rates were not so damned high that they could throw me into panic attacks.
Thanks...
  • I'm thankful for all the chaotic, unbalanced people that find it within their hearts to be nice and talk nice and work nicely with me - while I try to work with them.
  • I'm thankful for moments that I can balance a need to stand up for myself with the need to avoid physical harm.
  • I'm thankful (and fearful) for the days I can count down before I'm not in some of these situations anymore. At bad moments my mantra is "only XX days to go..."
  • I'm thankful for some of the amusing things that have been said to me and that I have been able to say to others because of these experiences.
  • I'm thankful for a desk, sometimes a phone, and sometimes a computer to do my job with.

No comments: