Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wishing Wednesday


Week 31:

I wish that my internal alarm was not set for 3AM lately.

I wish that I was not about to report to work for my 3rd day - and that I still have no solid idea of what I am doing, no office, no chair, no desk, no computer, no phone, and only a key to the bathroom / staff lounge - which will at some point be my office.

I wish it was easier to look at the scraps of my old job / old office as they become the "leftovers" for my current (but only 16 week) position.

I wish I could get a grasp on time - how quickly hours get filled, days pass, and wishes pile up.

I wish that as I return from what was officially a "vacation with a little substitute chef-ing" I wasn't having to barter for a parking spot that has been 100% MINE for the past 10 years. (it's just meanness)


And thanks...

Thank you Adult Swim for the pleasant entertainment - at least if I am not sleeping- you have a good show to offer.

Thank you Netflix - for yet another series that I am falling in love with after it's old hat to most viewers...I'm diving into Gossip Girl ...and having flashbacks of the 90210 days (pre-Melrose).

Regardless of the chaos / uncertainty / short shelf life - I am thankful for my extension at the office in this new and very undefined job.

I am thankful for the offers (however crappy) that continue to be mentioned to me - it gives me hope that the dream one will come along.

I am thankful for the cooler weather...it's almost got a hint of fall to it!

What wishes are filling your days?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on the new job sitch!! Hopefully you will settle in soon and things will get a bit more defined.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad you've got some work, even if it's temporary. I have a feeling it will lead to something else, so good luck!