Thursday, July 7, 2011

Use What You've Got


In my quest to downsize my possessions - I have to deal with my apparent obsession with body products.

I have a LOT. Imagine an amount in your mind - multiply that by 3 and that might be close. It's crazy. I knew it was bad - but I still had no clue how bad it was. I blame the "buy more" techniques - spend $$ and get free shipping. Or the buy 3 to get a good price deals.

There are lotions for breast firming, self tanning, moisture, some smell good (various flavors), some scrub, some lighten veins, smelly sprays, anti-aging, some for specific body parts, facial creams, eye creams, hair products, full size bottles, sample sizes and so it goes ....

So this year one of my resolutions has been:
1. Stop buying these things. 2. Get better about using them.

It's exhausting! If I used all these things on a daily basis - I would lose hours of my life. Half way through the year - I've done very good about not buying more products. But I feel like I've hardly made a dent in using it all up. I don't think I've ever been so excited to see that I'm reaching the bottom of the bottle.

Do you keep your beauty supply inventory under control? Or do you find it piling up? Do you purge regularly? And do you use what you buy on a regular basis?

3 comments:

Janet said...

I'm actually using the last of a Bath and Body Works spree I went on over two years ago! I do have a weakness there as well, but I'm also trying to get it under control.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I used to do that all the time, particularly with smelly lotions. I don't do it so much anymore because I realized that most of those lotions wreak havoc on my skin. Plus they're too expensive for my pathetically tiny budget.

Megan said...

See, you stopped posting for so long that I got all confused on which blog I was reading and commented on the wrong one. So I say again, welcome back! And don't stay away so long next time! ;-)